Thursday, January 22, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day:  Group card

stamps:  PSX, Kaiser Craft and ???(happy Valentine's Day)
Die:  cheery Lynn
Hearts, rose and sentiment; were hand cut
versafine black ink
coloring: back one:  (Very quick!) alcohol markers and red ink
               front one:  colored pencils

So many companies have a version of the "post card",  "Nika's in Windsor has one;  very useful stamp!  The Kaiser craft roses, I also purchased from nika's last year.  I use it so much!  Kaiser craft makes a great product!  The die purchased at Nika's.

Tip:  Cuttlebug:
cutting the detailed large dies.
(every machine is different/  and the paper we are cutting are different thickness !  watch the video on cheery Lynn)
This is what I did....(know your machine!  too expensive to replace!)
First cut:  (A,shim plate, C, die, card stock, B)
second cut:  remove metal shim plate
Use a strip of card stock (or 2 depending on your machine)  about 1 by 5";
laying in on top of the "sandwich" around the middle of the die area.
whine it thru 3 or 4 times, moving the paper strip on top a little to the right and little to the left each time!


 (  If I had remembered back from Fayn's demo (Rubber Carousel Stamps)  she did the same thing many years ago!  I miss Fayn, Barbie, Taylor and Dajah !   I loved going there so much!

So I'm ready for "make n take" with one of the groups I am volunteering at!  :)  Looking forward!

Thanks for stopping by and hope everyone has a great day! (cold here!  but no mud!!!  :))

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card love how you layered the rose over the doily . Nice layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW !!!!!!!!! Stunning!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these cards!
    (Almost stopped by last Sunday to say Hi, but hadn't called first, next time I'm out your way, I'll call ! I want to see your new stamps! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you shona! I would be great to see you!

      Delete
    2. oops! forgot the T! It would be great to see you!

      Delete
  3. I love your valentine postcard card! Love the vintage feel! Thanks for commenting on my fairy card! Muchly appreciated! A fellow Nova Scotian! Yeah! :D
    Wishes
    Scraps From A Broad
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete